Early Years (Nursery)
Brooklands Museum supports learning outside the classroom through a range of workshops, tours, activity days and resources that will inspire and engage nursery groups.
General Admission price per pupil is £4. One adult FREE per two pupils.
Prices for individual workshops quoted below are in addition to the General Admission price.
Explore our collections whilst using one of our activity resources, specially developed to engage students in real life applications of the learning Curriculum.
Cost: Included in General Admission price (see top of page).
Put your gloves on and become a mini curator for the day. Explore the exhibits up close with our curator toolkits.
Session times: 10.30am & 11.30am
Time: 45 minutes
Cost: £1.00 per pupil (in addition to General Admission price, see top of page). 45 children per session
Workshops and Tours
Then and Now: Life in an Aircraft Factory
Don your factory uniform and meet the foreman for your instructions for the day. Discover the different skills required to build planes throughout the ages with our exciting interactive exhibits.
Session times: every half hour from 10.30am - 2pm
Cost: Included in General Admission price (see top of page). 30 children per session.
Time: 45 minutes
It’s never too early to learn to fly! Book a slot to practice in our handmade pedal planes.
Session Times: 10:40, 11:00, 11:20, 11:40, 12:00
Cost: £1.00 per pupil (in addition to General Admission price, see top of page). 12 children per session
Duration: 20 mins
*Please note that a height restriction applies and this activity is weather dependent.
Become a mechanic and learn different car parts before building your own small model racing car.
Session Times: 10:30 & 11:30
Cost: £1.00 per pupil (in addition to General Admission price, see top of page) 12 pupils per session
Duration: 30 mins
How to Book
- Choose the activity you would like and possible dates for your visit and call the Learning office to check availability.
- The Learning Office can be contacted by calling 01932 857381 or by emailing email@example.com
- Please call as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Before You Visit
- On booking a visit you will receive a visit information pack. Please read it carefully and distribute the relevant information to the other adults involved with the trip.
- Return the booking form
- You are welcome to come and see the Museum prior to your booked visit to familiarise yourself with our site (available for group leaders and one additional person)
- A timetable of the day will be sent shortly before your visit. When you receive this please brief all group leaders about the day
- Please get in touch if any requirements or aspects of your original booking change
- You may photocopy one of our activity resources. They can be downloaded here
We accept cash, cheques or cards, either in advance or on the day. We ask that groups provide a single payment for their booking.
Please note that a cancellation fee of £30 will be charged if the Museum is not informed if a group visit is not going ahead at least 7 days before the reserved date.