Siddeley 2-seater tourer
1904, Campbell Shed, On long term display
One of the earliest Siddeley cars manufactured by J.D. Siddeley (later Lord Kenilworth) in conjunction with Herbert Austin (later Lord Austin) at Crayford in Kent. From 1905 to 1910 their cars were known as Wolseley Siddeleys. Later still the name was associated with Deasey in the Siddeley Deasey car, and in 1919 the firm was succeeded by Armstrong Siddeley Motors.
Daisy was first owned by Ethel Locke King, the wife of Hugh Locke King, the builder of the Brooklands Motor Course. It has been claimed that Daisy was the first car to ever drive around the Track.
Daisy took part in the London Brighton Runs in 1930, 1932, 1934 and was a non starter in 1935.
Hugh Curling Hunter, a private racing driver, bought Daisy from Ethel Locke King in July 1939 and drove her in the Motor Car Industry's Jubilee Cavalcade through London in July 1946 and in the Fiftieth Anniversary London Brighton Run in November of that year and throughout the 1950s and 1960s.
Hugh Hunter loved cars and drove in all types of motor events racing at Brooklands, Donnington and Crystal Palace; speed hill climbs like Shelsley Walsh, Beggars Roost, Fingell Bridge and Prescott; the Welsh and Scottish Rallies; the Monte Carlo Rally in 1937, and the 24 hours Le Mans in 1950.
In 1938 he bought the 2.9 litre twin supercharged Alfa Romeo which had won the Mille Miglia that year. In September 1938 he lapped Brooklands in it at over 122 mph and he raced it at Brooklands with great success until the outbreak of war.